Dr. Dang Le Hoa has been working as a lecturer at Faculty of Economics, Nong Lam University, Ho Chi Minh City since 2003. She received her PhD at the University of Adelaide, South Australia in 2014 under the Australian Development Scholarship (ADS) program. She works across a range of disciplines within agriculture, environment, and development. Her research interests primarily focus on adaptation to climate change in agriculture, environmental valuation, and environmental issues in developing countries. Some of her previous projects include willingness to pay for the preservation of Lo Go – Xa Mat National Park in Vietnam; the attitude and behaviour of rice farmers in response to climate change in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. She has several publications in peer-reviewed journals such as Environmental Science & Policy, Natural Hazards, Environmental Management, Climate and Development, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change; and has been a reviewer for many other journals such as Coastal Management, Population and Environment, World Development.
Development Economics, Agricultural Economics and Environmental Economics
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Nuberg, I & Bruwer, J 2019, ‘Factors influencing the adaptation of farmers in response to climate change: a review’. Climate and Development, DOI: 10.1080/17565529.2018.1562866. In press.
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Nuberg, I & Bruwer, J 2018, ‘Vulnerability to climate change and the variations in factors affecting farmers’ adaptation: A multi-group structural equation modelling study’. Climate and Development, vol.10, no.6, pp.509-519. DOI: 10.1080/17565529.2017.1304885.
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Nuberg, I & Bruwer, J 2014, ‘Understanding farmers’ adaptation intention to climate change: A structural equation modelling study in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam’. Environmental Science & Policy, vol.41, pp.11-22. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsci.2014.04.002.
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Nuberg, I & Bruwer, J 2014, ‘Farmers’ perceived risks of climate change and influencing factors: A study in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam’. Environmental Management, vol. 54, iss. 2, pp. 331-345. DOI: 10.1007/s00267-014-0299-6.
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Nuberg, I & Bruwer, J 2014, ‘Farmers’ assessments of private adaptive measures to climate change and influential factors: A study in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam’. Natural Hazards, vol.71, iss.1, pp.385-401. DOI:10.1007/s11069-013-0931-4.
- Dang, LH, Li, E, Bruwer, J & Nuberg, I 2014, ‘Farmers’ perceptions of climate variability and barriers to adaptation: Lessons learned from an exploratory study in Vietnam’. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, vol.19, iss.5,pp.531-548. DOI:10.1007/s11027-012-9447-6.
- Dang, LH, Li, E & Bruwer, J 2012, ‘Understanding climate change adaptive behaviour of farmers: An integrated conceptual framework’. The International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses, vol.3, iss.2, pp.255-272.