MASTER OF SCIENCE IN APPLIED ECONOMICS (MAE)
Our 2-year M.Sc. in Applied Economics offers you a challenging combination of academic training and practical application of Economics, Finance and Analytical Tools.
Graduates can start their careers in a wide variety of organizations, such as:
- financial institutions and banks;
- research institutions
- research departments of foreign companies
- government agencies;
Upon successful completion of the study program students will receive:
- Master of Science in Applied Economics, granted by UEH
- Certificate of Acknowledgement, granted by iSS
- Academic Transcript, signed by UEH and ISS
The 2020 tuition fees is VND 168 millions , divided into 4 installments of VND 42 millions each.
* Tuition fees cover study materials and thesis expenses but do not include course-repeat fees.
Free tuition fees of the first semester will be granted for 2 students who obtain excellence result in the Entrance Examination.
MODE OF STUDY
Part-time, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening (18:00 – 20:30) and Saturday afternoon (14:00 – 16:30)
1A Hoang Dieu Street, Ward.10, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC
Module 1: ECONOMICS (12 credits)
This module helps analyse the operation of the economy, the decision-making process of firms, customers’ behaviors, and the commercialization under the challenges of global competition and climate changes.
(*) Choose 2 of 4 electives
Module 2: FINANCE (12 credits)
This module helps analyse the financial decision-makings of firms, international capital flows, the functioning of financial requirements and the operation in financial markets.
(*) Choose 2 of 3 electives
Module 3: ANALYTICAL TOOLS (20 credits)
This module helps master skills of data collection, and data analysis using multiple analytical tools, econometrics and scientific data; skill of Academic English writing, critical thinking and debate; method of approaching problems in different perspectives.
THESIS (14 credits)
This module helps students practice a method of merging data with their knowledge of economics & finance to propose valuable recommendations to solve firms’ problems and economy’s issues or assist students to propose some conceptual models of economy’s operation and customers’ behaviors.
Students have two options to do thesis:
Applicants should obtain a bachelor’s degree to apply for the Entrance Examination:
- Economic-related, business-related or management-related bachelor degree, or
- Students who hold a non-economic-related bachelor degree or equivalent should submit a Transfer Certificate, or
- Students who hold a non-economic-related bachelor degree or equivalent without the Transfer Certificate may be required to complete an additional course at VNP and pass the assessment test prior the Entrance Exam.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- Valid CEFR B2, TOEIC 600, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 500 BPT, 173 CBT, 61 iBT or equivalent, or
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in English Language, or
- Full time bachelor’s degree in abroad
* Applicants who have not meet the above requirement can take an English Assessment Test at VNP.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION: all subjects are taken in English.
- Quantitative Skills Assessment (GRE-Test)
* FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
International candidates are waived the Entrance Examination. Qualified candidate(s) will be invited to Admission Interview.
For application, please send the following documents to VNP Office via email@example.com:
- Scanned copy of valid Passport
- Scanned copy of valid Visa
- Scanned copy of Bachelor’s Degree and Academic Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Letter of Motivation
- Scanned copy of English language Certificate (for non-English speaking candidates)
|Offline review course||May 05th, 2020||Tuesday-Thursday, from 6:00pm - 8:30pm at 1A Hoang Dieu street, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC||VND 3 million(including learning materials and exam’s fee)|
|Online review course||Please send email to VNP programme for more consultation.||Each student will receive an account to log-in VNP’s Elearning system for all learning materials,references, and exam’s trials to do the review.||VND 2 million(including learning materials and exam’s fee)|
|TOEIC course||April 06th,2020 (3 weeks)||Monday-Wednesday-Friday from 6:00 pm - 09:00 pm at 54 Nguyen Van Thu, District 1, HCMC||Tuition fee: VND 1.5 million, Exam’s fee: VND 990,000|
|Transition course||tbc||This class is specialized for those students who graduated from non-economics and non-management fields and want to pursue transfer certificate.||VND 3 million(*) Three subjects will be covered including:Mathematics, Environmental Economics, Economics Development.|
|Entrance examination||12/07/2020||Applicants take two exams in English including:Economics and Quantitative Skills Assessment (GRE).||VND 1 million (*) Tuition fee is waived for those students who registered for review courses.|
REQUIRE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree (duly notarized or certified)
- Copy of your English language Certificate (duly notarized or certified)
- Copy of your Transfer Certificate (if any)
- 4 x 6 size photograph
- Application fee, non-refundable (free for applicants registered Review Courses)